Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Snowflake Advantages
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Snowflake Delivers a Single Data Experience Across Multiple Platforms
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Snowflake Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards