Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 59 percent of executives say big data at their company would be improved through artificial intelligence (AI).
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Mothers in Tech: Design your Own Work-Life Balance
- The Value of Data Integration
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Best Practices
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Implementing a Proof of Concept (POC) Approach
- Predictive Analytics can help reduce your Data Decay
- Retail Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes
- Enterprise Data Strategy: What is it? And why is it important?