Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 95 percent of businesses need to manage unstructured data.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity
- Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes for Retailers
- Snowflake Advantages
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Power BI Reports vs. Dashboards
- The Tableau Suite of Products