Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- In 2025, the IoT data analyzed and used to change business processes will be as much as all of the data created in 2020.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- How to get started with Data Governance
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Finance Data Management & Governance Importance
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers