50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Only 16% of organizations can currently say that 75% or more of their employees have access to company data and analytics.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- How can the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transform your organization? Part 2
- The Value of Data Integration
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from a Cloud Data Platform like Snowflake
- Power BI Download Options: App vs MSI
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Managing the Organizational Dynamics
- The Value of Data Management
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics