50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- 90 percent of IT professionals plan to increase spending on BI tools.
- Insights-driven businesses are growing at an average of more than 30% each year, and by 2021, they are predicted to take $1.8 trillion annually from their less-informed peers.
- 90 percent of the world’s data was created between 2015 and 2016 alone.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- 36 percent of investment professionals use web scraping to derive data.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Five Questions You Need To Answer To Get The Most Out Of Power BI
- Snowflake’s Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Governance: A Banking & Finance necessity, not a luxury