50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- 53 percent of CEOs consider themselves the primary leader of their company’s analytics agenda.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- 79 percent of enterprise executives say that not embracing big data will cause companies to lose competitive position and risk extinction.
- The big data industry will be worth an estimated $77 billion by 2023.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- By 2025, 60% of the 163 zettabytes of existing data will be created and managed by enterprise organizations.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- How to get started with Data Governance
- The Benefits of Data Warehousing in Finance
- Sharing a Power BI report within Teams
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Part 2: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges
- A Business Analyst View: Transforming Data Inventory into Rich Visuals
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium