50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.2018
Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 30 percent of businesses consider the Spark software framework critical to their big data analytics strategies.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- Analytics leaders are nearly twice as likely as others to report enacting a long-term strategy to respond to changes in core business practices.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- Top 5 performance best practices with Snowflake
- Why Methodology Matters in Analytics
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- The Value of Data Integration
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Mothers in Tech: Design your Own Work-Life Balance
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business