Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use search trends to derive data.
- Businesses that use big data saw a profit increase of 8–10 percent.
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 29 percent of investment professionals use expert networks to derive data.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Exploring the Decomposition Tree Visual in Power BI
- Top 5 performance best practices with Snowflake
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Exporting DATA from Tableau to Excel
- Exploring DEV / TEST / PROD Environments in Power BI
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from a Cloud Data Platform like Snowflake
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- The Tableau Suite of Products
- Driving Power BI Adoption