Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 8 percent of businesses say data and analytics have fundamentally changed the nature of industry-wide competition
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
- The big data software market was worth $31 billion in 2018, growing 14 percent from the year before.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- Why do you need a Data Strategy now more than ever?
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Scrum Master Best Practices to Accelerate Data Projects
- Interoperability in Healthcare: A Patient-First Framework
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Data Strategy Assessment: Current and Future State Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Use Cases for the Retail Industry
- Overcoming common Enterprise Data Governance challenges