Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- The amount of data generated each second in the banking sector will grow 700 percent by 2020.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 14 percent of investment professionals use credit card and POS software data to derive data.
- 50 percent of businesses say data and analytics significantly impacted new entrants launching data and analytics businesses that undermine traditional competitors’ value propositions.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 83 percent of enterprise executives say they’ve pursued big data projects to gain a competitive advantage.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Women in Technology: It’s Time We Stand Up for What’s Right
- The Value of Data Management
- How Healthcare Payers can breakdown their Data Silos
- Data Governance: Lessons learned for best practices
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers
- The Value of Data Integration
- Part 2: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- Part 1: How the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform transforms organization?
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL