Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- The number of IT professionals using descriptive and predictive analytics grew from the mid-40th percentile to high 60th percentile between January 2018 and January 2019.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
- In the banking sector, investments in big data analytics were estimated at $20.8 billion in 2016.
- 55 percent of North American businesses have adopted big data analytics.
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- 21 percent of investment professionals use web traffic to derive data.
- More than 30 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their research and development departments
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- Snowflake ELT vs. ETL
- Implementation Fundamentals of Master Data Management
- The Value of Data Integration
- The Tableau Suite of Products
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Is Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) the “Prescribed Burn” that Healthcare Data Needs?
- Snowflake’s Best Practices for Data Warehouse Development
- Self-Service Power BI with Shared Datasets
- Winning strategies for Data Governance maturity