Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- Data-driven organizations are 23 times more likely to acquire customers, six times as likely to retain customers, and 19 times as likely to be profitable as a result.
- Through 2019, 90% of large organizations will have hired a CDO, but only 50% will be considered a success.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- 61 percent of businesses that recognize the effect of data and analytics on their core business practices say their companies either have not responded to these changes or have taken only ad hoc actions rather than developing a comprehensive, long-term strategy for analytics.
- Businesses that use big data saw a 10 percent reduction in overall cost.
- 73 percent of businesses consider Spark SQL critical to their analytics strategies as a big data access method.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 70 percent of investment professionals use “alternative data” or plan to do so in the next year.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- People generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data each day.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Five ways Financial Services Can Benefit from Snowflake
- Data Modeling is the Key to Success
- Improving Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Scores with Data Management
- Predictive Analytics Improve Business Outcomes for Retailers
- Top 5 performance best practices with Snowflake
- Six Reasons to Consider Power BI Premium
- The Value of Data Management
- Launching A Master Data Management Program: The Keys to Success
- The Tableau Suite of Products