Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- 62 percent of retail businesses see competitive advantages from information and analytics.
- Nearly 50 percent of businesses say big data and analytics have fundamentally changed business practices in their sales and marketing departments.
- Content analytics usage among IT professionals increased from 43 percent to 54 percent between January 2018 and January 2019.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- The education vertical currently has the lowest adoption of big data among vertical industries, but educators are most likely to say they may use big data in the future.
- Data warehouse optimization is considered the most important big data analytics use case, and is considered critical or very important by 70 percent of businesses.
- 26 percent of businesses say data and analytics have significantly changed the nature of industry-wide competition.
- 60 percent of businesses believe it is harder to source talent for data and analytics positions than for any other roles
- More than 150 zettabytes (150 trillion gigabytes) of data will need analysis by 2025.
- 40 percent of businesses say they need to manage unstructured data on a frequent basis.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Gender Equality in Technology: Come so Far, Got so Far to Go
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Bankrupt Your Data Foundation
- Why choose Snowflake Cloud Data Platform?
- Data Science Powers the Data-Driven Organization of the Future
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Implementing Power BI Report Usage Metrics
- Snowflake Data Warehouse Best Practices
- Data Solutions that Improve Risk Management for Banks
- The Open Banking Movement is Open for Business
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers