Explore Data & Analytics Statistics
- By 2025, more than a quarter of all data created will be real-time, with 95% of that data generated by the Internet of Things.
- Only 7% of marketers surveyed report that they are currently effectively able to deliver real-time, data-driven marketing engagements across both physical and digital touchpoints.
- 98 percent of sales representatives at construction companies that adopt analytics and geographic data reported dramatic decreases in their time frame for providing price quotes.
- The worldwide big data market is projected to grow from $42 billion in 2018 to $103 billion in 2027.
- By 2025, IDC predicts that the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 163 zettabytes, ballooned by the growing number of devices and sensors
- Customer/social analysis is considered the second most important big data analytics use case, followed by predictive maintenance.
- 45 percent of companies run at least some big data workloads in the cloud.
- Big data ranks 20th across 33 key technologies when businesses were asked their top technologies and initiatives strategic to business intelligence.
- 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals currently say data and analytics are key to their organization’s digital transformation initiatives.
- In a survey of approximately 700 business professionals, only 15% said their organization is currently very effective in delivering a relevant and reliable customer experience. In the same survey, only 3% of respondents said they are able to act on all of the customer data they collect; 21% say they can act on very little of it.
Check Out Data & Analytics Tools
Recent Blogs on Data & Analytics
- Data Warehouse: Keys to Success
- How to Build a Data Strategy Roadmap
- Gaining executive buy-in through Data Governance
- Pitfalls to Avoid when implementing Health Information Exchange
- How to get started with Data Governance
- Data Offense or Data Defense: Flexibility vs Control
- A 360-Degree Customer View: Personalizing the Consumer Journey
- The Benefits of Data Lakes for Financial Services
- Women In Tech: Getting Hired in Technology Roles
- Automation Solutions Closes the Gap on Last Mile Delivery for Retailers